Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hey there Birdie!

This week the challenge over at the Heart 2 Heart blog is to create a shaped card-or a card that is not square or rectangle. I have been in a "bird" kinda of mood. I just finished up my sample project for this Sundays Ustream class and was inspired to keep going on the bird theme.
Below you can see how I created the bird shape. I use the Bird Basics stamp and enlarged the image to create the card. I then traced the shape onto the card leaving it connected at the head and tail.


{Noel Bird Card Supplies}
Cardstock: Cranberry, Bamboo, New England Ivy, Colonial White (Close to My Heart)
Pattern Paper: Mistletoe (Close to My Heart)
Ink: Cranberry, Desert Sand, New England Ivy (Close to My Heart)
Stamps: All the best, bird basics (Close to My Heart)
Embellishments: brown half back pearl, foam tape( Close to My Heart) mini bells, paper crimper(other)

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great idea for a card. Your bird is lovely.

Sheila H said...

Very clever and very nice!

Haley D. said...

Ooh, I love this card! What a great tip to enlarge an image that you like to use as a card base.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a darling card Aaron! I love the bird, especially with that beautiful paper and the holly - excellent work!

Jessica said...

Awsome card, I see great minds think alike lol! I love your holly great touch. Thanks so much for joining us at H2H this week!

Andrea Ewen said...

How darling! Love the colors and that awesome shape...you definitely rocked this challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

Deneen said...

Sweet bird-shaped card! Thanks for playing along with H2H.