Thursday, January 3, 2013

Book Review: The Hidden Heart


The story is set in 1863 in South America, the Pacific and England. Tess Collier has traveled the world with her natural scientist father, the Earl of Morrow. As he is dying in a jungle, she promises him she will sail home to England and marry. Her father’s trustee arranges passage for her on the clipper ship owned by Gryphon Meridon (aka Captain Frost) and hires the man to protect her from inappropriate suitors once they reach England. Gryf has been wronged many times, losing his title, his parents and his wealth to an evil uncle. Though he is “half in love” with Tess, Gryf believes he can never have her as he has nothing to give. Though Tess loves Gryf, through a misunderstanding, she marries another—his twisted cousin.  I enjoyed this book very much! It had it's ups and downs as well as some great adventure.  I liked the characters and the story line. I have read other thing from this author, and she has a way with words

1 comment:

Shan said...

I love all your artwork and your book list is GREAT! I started on the outlander series and I just have to say, I'm in love! Thanks so much for sharing your book list, great reads on this list!