Friday, March 1, 2013

Yellow Rose of Texas

 The yellow Rose of Texas is a popular song- and it has some pretty interesting history to go along with it! The song goes back to the battle of San Jacinto and the help of a freed black woman who was captured by the Mexican Army. The legend says she seduced the Mexican president and convinced him to lower his guard which lead to the Texas victory- There more to the story and many other versions too. If you want to more it's a great story to look up.

 So for this card I used the For Always paper pack- can you say FOR AWESOME!!! The colors in the packs pattern paper are Black, White and Slate. It has been so much fun creating projects and adding all sorts of colors with the pattern paper. 
To start with I used the March stamp of the Month to make this yellow rose. I used Honey to stamp the rose. The base of the stamp in in 2nd generation and then I stamped the detail in 1st generation. 

  Each month you can enjoy a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5—that’s over 70% off retail! When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.

 
I wanted to say I have a great month of projects planned for you including an awesome give away later in the month- Please be sure to watch everyday for more great projects!

4 comments:

Amy Moore said...

I just love how you change you blog topper every month. I also like the card your featuring today...the yellow is so striking with the black and white papers!

Anonymous said...

LOVE!!!!!

I have been waiting for the 1st to see what kit you choose for March...I knew you'd ROCK with this one! :)

-Susan Williams

Anonymous said...

LOOOOOVE!!!

I have been anxiously waiting for the 1st to see which kit you were working with for March....I Love "For Always" and knew you'd bust it outta the park!! :) :)

-Susan Williams

Becca-expressions said...

Now whodda thunk to sponge the edges of a yellow flower in gray...and make gray leaves. Oh, that's right, the amazing Aaron!! Perfect. Gorgeous. Out of the box.